Monday 7 June 2010

Secondary 3 camp was a blast ! Had doubts at first that my group wasn't going to be able to interact well, but it proved me wrong. We had so much fun, put in so much effort, and the result we bore - excellence.



Pictures are taken from facebook, will credit them at the end of the post. These are the trainers which ration out the food.



My group's instructor is the one on the most left - Fizzah. She's done a fabulous job in maintaining order in our group, as well as keeping our spirits alive by cracking us jokes at times.



My group doing some paperwork. Pretty lame, some kind of motivational program to boost various parts of our morale.



Throughout all 3 days, it rained much to our disappointment, resulting in wet weather programs. Which turned out to be mass cheering -.- But some activities were still able to be carried out when the sun shined.



First Day - Butterhill, whereby all group members had to climb up a slope with soapy ground with no help except eachother. I must say it was one of the most exciting games around. Slight injuries were inevitable, but overall worth the while :D



Other games were like the animal noise, (can't remember the name). Its whereby all of us were blindfolded, and had to find our group back by making our particular given animal's noise. Don't really know how to elaborate on it.



That's Mr James, the one which turned out to be scolding us almost everytime he sees us, expecting our behaviour to be at tip-top standard, expecting us to greet our teachers whenever we see one, chiding us for being slow, so on and so forth ...



Day 2 - Campfire night, each group had to prepare a 5-10min skit or whatever performance to entertain the rest. I swear I couldn't have get any higher, it was as though I was on estacy. Screaming at the top of my voice, now that's what I call enthusiastic !






Trainers starting the fire. We did tonnes of cheers for that night, in fact almost every minute of it. But felt that some cheers are really draggy -.- Like just repeating and repeating just changing one or two main words ?



Lets talk about the admin. Guys slept inside the tent for the first night. It was bad, real uncomfortable man. Lights turned off = No fan, because all are in one main switch. Fantastic much ? Had to cover my eyes with a shirt in order to get my slumber.



We had milo as part of the breakfast every morning = energy. But the problem here is, I can't take hot drinks, but the others can. So I made a fool out of myself by being the last person to finish consuming my drink.



Our group photo on the last day before leaving back for school. Going to really miss this camp, one of the best one I've had in my secondary school life so far. But sadly not all of the sec 3s' were able to attend. We were the specially selected ones ):



There were some energetic ones and some who cant be bothered to care less in our groups. Some took the initiative, others bossing around and giving sarcastic remarks. I think this is the way to make a group even ?



Our last mass cheer before we left the Pasir Ris camp site.



Second part of the admin. Guys had the privilege of sleeping in the chalet for the second night. Girls had their first night in the chalet, second in the tent. So I guess that's fair. However, 15 people squeezing into one small chalet ? Now that's cool.






Yeap, I think thats all I'd wanna talk about for this camp. Hope to keep in contact with my group members when school reopens !



Gonna miss the camp instructors !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home