Sunday 21 November 2010

Still remember the inaugural youth olympic games? Oh yes, that was way back to September? Or was it August? I only can vaguely recall the dates of the whatever matches that came along. One regret during this period of time - I did not attend a single event.

Yeah, that was a bummer, definitely. I desperately wanted to catch at least one of them, but the urge just wasn't strong enough I guess. I didn't give in to temptation (good case of course, shows I've got the strength to push things away) and just carried on with the mundane life I lived.

But obviously I caught some highlights on the TV. If I didn't I would be hailed the worst Singapore citizen ever - an understatement? Hah doubt so.



Agnes, our lady boss with me.

Anyway, my school did welcome the start of the youth olympic games. So on that fateful day, we all got ourselves prepared, while the participants of the YOG passes by us. It was only that few minutes, but the moments do last.



All of us got changed into half-uniform, which means P.E t-shirt and school uniform pants. We had our recess first, before heading to the hall for a short briefing cum "decorating" ourselves up with crayons. Refer to the below pictures to see what I meant.



Well obviously we had to get all hyped up, ever-ready for the event right? As such, it was a pact we all gave it our best shot to cheer our lungs out. Because, its actually a competition! The top 3 enthusiastic and loudest cheer class would be getting the YOG card!



Jieyi.



Tingyee.



Me, Agnes and Yingjun.

Here it is, using crayons to draw whatever that came into our minds. And most of them would be Youth olympic games, the YOG crest, our names, the star so on and so forth. Some mates of other classes, even went till the extent of screwing up their faces! And I meant real screwed. It wasn't just any design you know, it was like 100% coloured! Gosh, now that's the new cool :P



Now its Khairiah, Tingyee, Hweepeng, Jieyi, Kimberley and Klarissa.



That's one unglam picture, but whatever :P The best moments are captured!



Even the kindergarten kids came to join us as well! Alot of us got distracted by supposedly checking out when the competitors pass by, to interacting with the kids! I wasn't one of them, I find it hard to talk to children, especially when they can't understand my cheem english! Hah just kidding here :P



But nevertheless, everyone got so drifted away to the kids because of their cuteness! Well, who can't stand the sight of little kids running around, with nothing to worry about. Those were the good old times I must say. But life still goes on :)



Not forgetting to mention, we've got the band members to help bring drums, clarinets, anything and everything their hands could carry them to increase the volume of our cheer. It's legal alright!



In the process of waiting, we took pictures of course! That's one way to keep our memories fresh next time when we look back at these happy times.



Still in the midst of waiting, I swear my patience was wearing thin lah! Because there really was nothing to do. Oh correction, actually there was, just to prepare ourselves, we did some starting up cheers to warm up our voice.



And finally I call upon them, arrival of the youths. And all of us just started screaming our heads off, like retards, mad people trying to gain some attention. It was still part of the spirit lah! So thats a good sign.



Many of my classmates "complain" to me why there are tonnes of handsome guys on the bus, and I just couldn't find the right answer to reply them. Confirm got ugly ones lah, but all hidden inside :P They just haven't caught them yet, hah. Once again I was just joking.

Going overseas next wednesday, will be back on the 29th. Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home